Lazio

Indicazione Geografica Tipica

Cement tanks and a partial wooden passage, for a Syrah in which the typical varietal traits can be found on the nose.

Grape varietals

100% Syrah

Soil

Clayey-calcareous

Vinification

Ferments for 7/8 days and then continues the maceration on the skins for about two weeks until the right polyphenolic balance is reached. Malolactic fermentation in cement tanks.

Refinement

A portion of 25 % in 500-litre French oak barrels for 6 months, then it is blended with the remaining 75 % left in the cement tank and finally the wine rests in the bottle for another 6 months.

Tasting

Intense ruby red colour with violet nuances. The nose is typical and varietal with blackberry, black pepper and balsamic notes accompanied by cocoa, sweet spices and a hint of vanilla. The mouthfeel is soft with an evident fruity and spicy return. Balanced, the structure is supported by an elegant tannin that together with the acidic shoulder gives a good longevity.

Pairings

A wine that goes well with meat dishes, first courses also stuffed with elaborate sauces, grilled and baked second courses, medium-matured cheeses.

Serving Temperature

18° C

Format

75 cl

Technical_sheet