A luxurious hunting lodge in the 16th century, owned by noble Roman and Papal families, in the 18th century it became the residence of the Falconer princes who invited the best artists of their time, such as the painter Pier Leone Ghezzi and the architect Ferdinando Fuga, to fresco the church and the palace. At the beginning of 1900 it was acquired by Senator Luigi Albertini who restored the village, rehabilitated the territory and created an important agricultural enterprise.